The Web Site for Earth Reference Data and Models
|New ArArCALC v2.5 Released|
|Version 2.5 of ArArCALC is available for downloading since 8 December 2010! This is the fifth public release of ArArCALC after a major overhaul of the underlying software code and plotting routines. In addition many new tools have been added and many new features have been build in making ArArCALC ready for future enhancements. Below follows a selection out of the 35 improvements:
- Blank, air shots and flux monitor measurements are now saved to a local database.
- Air calculations can now be performed and saved in a separate *.AIR calculation file.
- Users are warned about new versions during start up of ArArCALC, if a new version is available on the EarthRef.org server.
- Probability density curves (i.e. ideograms) can be plotted including the ability to perform mixture modeling on up to five different age components.
- When importing multiple age files the age plateaus are now plotted in different colors and in an overlay mode.
- The K/Ca profile can now be overlayed on top of the age plateau diagram for easy comparison.
- Relative abundance table has been added conform the Renne et al. (2009) "norms" paper in Quaternary Geochronology.
- The correction for 36Cl is now using the published algorithms of Renne et al. (2008).
- Mass discrimination corrections now have user option for applying linear, power and exponential laws.
- Mass discrimination corrections can now be done using actual isotopic weights or using integer masses of 40, 39 ... 36.
- The "±" symbols and other special symbols now also show correctly on Asian-language computers.
- Input filter now allows for multiple raw data points (readings) per cycle.
- Multicollector data files can now be read by the input filter, such as for the ARGUS or ARGUS VI.
- File watch mode is available for automatically processing newly acquired data files and batch processing of multiple raw data files.
- Age data now can be exported to XML and uploaded to the online GEOCHRON portal.
- User can add Metadata about the age results, standard used, sample, location and laboratory.
- User can request an IGSN number from within ArArCALC which is required for uploading to GEOCHRON.
- All age calculations can now be done using traditional age equations or using the new Min et al. (2000) equations allowing for full error propagation and the reporting of full external errors.
- Export for publication now allows for users to pick out the tables and plots to include in the editable Excel files, including a compact mode for placing all tables and diagrams on one page and a special EarthTIME mode for providing an output with a minimum number of recommended tables and plots.
- Export for publication allows you to save age and air shot data in PDF format (if Adobe Acrobat is installed).
- The Age Recalibration tool has been significantly improved, in particular allowing users to apply the recalibration settings to the underlying age calculation file.
Download From: http://earthref.org/tools/ararcalc.htm
This newsletter may contain workshop and conference announcements, as well as news about new functionality and contributions to the EarthRef.org databases. If you wish to contribute to this newsletter please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want to receive these emails, please Edit Your Profile on the EarthRef.org website.
EarthRef.org Newsletter : Issue 02 - 2010